7 DAYS SAFARI TOUR – Northern Tanzania
This safari features all of the popular Northern Circuit game parks. With the Northern Tanzania Safari travel in custom designed 4×4 safari vehicles with open roofs for game viewing. Traveling for 5 actual days of Safari, the safari includes meals, accommodation, park entry fees and visit to Lake Manyara, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro Crater & Tarangire.
|Day 1:||Kilimanjaro Airport to Moshi|
|Day 2:||Moshi – Lake Manyara – Karatu|
|Day 3:||Karatu to Serengeti|
|Day 5:||Serengeti / Ngorongoro Crater|
|Day 6:||Tarangire Crater to Moshi|
|Day 7:||Transfer to airport|
Day 1: Arrive to Kilimanjaro airport, picked by Sasougandasafaris driver guide and then transfer to Springlands hotel for overnight and breakfast.
Day 2: At 9:00 a.m. take the drive from Moshi (Springlands hotel) to Lake Manyara National Park takes about 4 hours. After having a picnic lunch in Manyara, you start a late afternoon game drive, which is the best time to view animals in this park. When you approach it from the east, the Rift Valley escarpment looms on the horizon forming an impressive backdrop to the lake. In the tall trees of the ground water forest, monkeys leap from branch to branch, and on the escarpment, elephants stand in the shade. Other animals frequently seen are zebras, impalas, monkeys, giraffes, buffalos, hippos, and others. Overnight at Highview hotel or similar hotel; -full board
Day 3: The drive to Serengeti National Park via Olduvai Gorge takes 3 to 4 hours. Olduvai Gorge is an archaeological site located in the eastern Serengeti plains, in which early human fossils were first discovered. It has an amazing landscape that resulted from the same tectonic forces that created the Great Rift Valley millions of years ago. Then in the late evening, drive to and overnight at the Serengeti wild camp or Similar : – full board
Day 4: After breakfast, venture into the Serengeti’s wilderness corners for a full day of game viewing in the park and viewing with a picnic lunch beside you, take your leisure while exploring this world heritage site, where earth’s largest concentration of plain game still roams free! In the late evening, go to the Serengeti Wild camp or Similar, dinner, and overnight. Full board
Day 5: After breakfast, drive to Ngorongoro Crater for a game drive inside the crater. This is the best place in Tanzania to see black rhino as well as prides of lion that include the magnificent black-manned males. There are lots of colorful flamingoes and a variety of water birds. Other game that you can see includes leopard, cheetah, hyena, other members of the antelope family, and small mammals. In the late afternoon drive to Highview hotel or Similar for Dinner and overnight. FB
Day 6: The drive from the Highview Hotel to Tarangire National Park takes two hours. This park is spectacular in the dry season when many of the migratory wildlife species come back to the permanent waters of the Tarangire River. Huge herds of wildebeest, zebras, elephants, elands and Oryx gather to stay in Tarangire until the onset of the rain when they migrate again to good grazing areas. In the late afternoon drive back to Moshi at Springlands Hotel or similar for overnight bed and breakfast.
Day 7: After the breakfast check out at the Hotel and transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport to catch your departure flight.
PRICE PER PERSON SHARING
|No of pax||Price per person sharing|
|1 PAX||US$ 3200|
|2 PAX||US$ 2225|
|3 PAX||US$ 1950|
|4 PAX||US$ 1850|
|5 PAX||US$ 1775|
|6 PAX||US$ 1650|
Safari price are Inclusive of:
- Full board (breakfast, lunch & dinner) accommodation while on safari
- Bed and breakfast accommodation in Moshi
- Transfers to and from the airport
- All game drives viewing in a custom built 4×4 Safari Land Cruiser
- All park and entrance fees
- Transportation with 4×4 vehicles with viewing roofs
- Professional English speaking driver/guide during the safari.
- Bottled water in safari vehicles
- Ngorongoro Crater car supplement fee
- Current Government taxes and levies
- 24-Hour support during the safari from our office in Moshi.
Excluded from the price:
- Internal or International flights
- Balloon excursion (US$550 pp)
- Entry visa to Tanzania
- Travel and health insurance
- Gratuities to your guide, hotel staff and porters
- Meals, drinks and excursions not described in the itinerary
- Any other items of a personal nature, laundry, telephone and postage
- Item of personal Nature
- Masaai village tour & Olduvai Gorge Tour
Tipping is highly appreciated at the end of safari/ hiking:
Tips will vary depending on the length and complexity of the trip, the number of staff on the trip and the number of clients on the trip. Generally, groups like to meet together before the end of the safari to discuss how much they would like to tip safari driver based on the individual experience.
You should prepare an envelope after the safari for your tip money at the Springlands Hotel.
You can use US dollars, Euros, TZ Shillings or a combination of these. The envelope will be submitted to driver guide/ himself/ safari coordinator.
RECOMMENDED TIP: Driver Guide for the safari: US$ 25-35 per day per vehicle, If is camping safari there will be a cook which the tip for a cook US$ 10 per day
NB: THESE ARE JUST GUIDELINES AND TIPS CAN BE GIVEN TO SAFARI STAFFS/MOUNTAIN CREW ACCORDING TO SERVICES PROVIDED.
Safari Packing List Notes
- You can leave extra luggage in a locked storage room at the Springlands Hotel for no charge.
- You can leave valuables in a safe deposit box at the Springlands Hotel for $1/day.
- Sturdy, comfortable shoes, preferably waterproof. They will get dirty.
- Tennis shoes or sandals for lounging in the evening
- Comfortable, breathable socks
- Shorts, mid-thigh or longer
- Lightweight, breathable pants
- Short-sleeved shirts, cool and breathable
- Long-sleeved shirt or sweater for evenings
- Rain racket and pants or rain poncho
- Day pack, for you to carry
- Large duffel bag or backpack
Sleeping, for camping safaris
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad and repair kit
- Tents are supplied by Zara at no charge
- Foam sleeping pads are provided by Zara at no charge
- Water bottles, and water purification tablets or purifier
- Bottled water is also available for purchase on safari
- Sun hat with brim
- Bandana (for dust, etc.)
- Money ($400 or more in cash and/or travellers cheques, including some small U.S., Euro, or Tanzanian bills)
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Camera, film/disks, mini-tripod
- Video camera, tapes
- Maps, guidebooks
- Notebook, pencil, and pen
- Pocket knife
- Electricity adapter
- Energy bars, hard candy, snacks, and comfort foods
- Playing cards, games, books, frisbee, football, kite
- Chocolate or pens for village children, momentos for guides and other travellers
- Umbrella, particularly useful in the rainy season, can be purchased in the market for around $2
- Plastic bags and zip-lock bags for waterproofing
- Sewing kit
- Salt, pepper, spices for bland food
- Business cards
- Alarm clock
- Calculator (for currency conversion)
- Swim suit for hotel swimming pool
- Toilet paper (and baggie to carry used paper while walking)
- Small towel
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hand-wipes (moist towelettes for cleaning)
- Hand sanitizer
- Glasses, contacts, solution
- Comb, mirror
- Yellow fever certificate
- Tanzania Visa
- Medical insurance
- Address book
- Vaccination records
- Airline tickets
- Cash, travellers cheques, credit cards
- Maps, guidebooks
- Make copies of passport, TZ visa, airline tickets/schedule, travellers cheques numbers.
Leave a copy with someone at home and put a copy in a separate place in your luggage.
- Ibuprofin, Aceteminophen, or Aspirin
- Throat losenges
- Sunscreen (SPF 15+)
- Lip balm with sunscreen
- Insect repellent
- Disinfectant, Antiseptic cream
- Bandages and tape
- Diahrea medicine
- Ace bandage
- Melatonin (1-3mg) or other sleep aid
- Malaria pills (talk to your doctor)
- Antibiotics (talk to your doctor)
- Prescription drugs (talk to your doctor)
- Diamox (talk to your doctor)
Gifts for Guides, Locals
- Any warm clothing
- Nerf football, frisbees
Packing for your flight to Africa
- U-shaped neck pillow (blow-up)
- Walkman and music
- Eye shades, ear plugs
- Melatonin or other sleep aid
- Critical items (in case baggage is delayed)
- Apart from our packages, SASOUGANDASAFARIS take a serious approach to ensuring that tourism in Tanzania also benefits those who are unable to reap its direct benefits, by helping to bring donations, opportunities, and solutions to the regions in which we run our tours and set-up our properties.
- 15% of the profits from these Tours go directly to our social, economic, and environmental initiatives. This is a fact recognized early on by Zara Charity where we recognized our responsibility to develop and operate in a manner that makes a positive contribution to the natural, social and cultural environment. Contact us through http://www.zaracharitytanzania.org/
- Please see link to crowd rise here below https://www.crowdrise.com/maasaipre-schoolprojectinngorongorocratertanzania
YOU ARE MOST WELCOME AGAIN TO ADVENTURE WITH SASOUGANDASAFARIS!!!
All pricing is in US Dollars. Arrivals and Departures are from Kilimanjaro Airport. Prices do not include international airfare. All itineraries and prices are subject to change