4 Days Queen Elizabeth Park and Kibale Tour
4 Days Queen Elizabeth Park and Kibale Tour Overview
The tour begins in Queen Elizabeth Park home of the renowned for the big 5 African wild animals and abundant wild game and birdlife. Then takes you to Kibale National Park – home to the largest number and variety of primates in the whole of East Africa and is crowned by a nature walk in the Bigodi Swamp to watch rare species of birds.
4 Days Queen Elizabeth Park and Kibale Tour Highlights
- Equator experience
- Game drive in Queen Elizabeth Park
- Boat cruise on Kazinga channel
- Chimp trek
- Bigodi swamp walk
4 Days Queen Elizabeth Park and Kibale Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Travel to Queen Elizabeth Park, Boat Cruise
You will set off after breakfast and head west of Kampala to Queen Elizabeth Park> the journey will take you 6-7 hours. You will have a stopover at the Equator where you will have an opportunity to stand in 2 hemispheres at the same time and take memorial photos. You will continue to Mbarara town where you will have lunch before proceeding to Queen Elizabeth National Park.
In the afternoon you will go for a two-hour boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel which connects Lakes George and Edward and view concentrations of giant hippos, elephants, and crocodiles among others. You will also see many varieties of birds on the water shores. You will have dinner and overnight at the lodge booked for you.
- Luxury Lodge: Mweya Safari Lodge: Katara Lodge/ Jacana Lodge
- Mid-range moderate: Bush Lodge (in rooms) / Simba Safari Camp in rooms/ Buffalo Safari Resort/ Enganzi Lodge/ Ihamba Safari Lodge
- Budget facility: Kazinga Channel View Lodge/ Simba Safari Camp in tents/ Bush Lodge in tents
- Meal Plan: Dinner.
Day 2: Game Drive and travel to Kibale Forest National Park
You will wake up early for a morning game drive in the park during which you will see Lions, Elephants, Topis, Leopards, Bush bucks, Cape Buffaloes, Defassa Waterbucks, Giant Forest Hogs, and Uganda Kobs, among others. On the Drive to Kibale National Park, you will be able to enjoy an impressive sight of the legendary “Mountains of the Moon” which you will clearly see on the road to Fort Portal.
- Luxury: Ndali Lodge/Primate Lodge/Kibale Forest/Kyaninga Lodge.
- Moderate: Mountains of the moon/Kibale Forest Camp.
- Budget: Rwenzori Travelers/Kibale Forest Camp/Chimpanzee Forest Guest House
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Chimpanzee tracking and swamp walk for bird watching
You will, after breakfast, head to Kibale Forest National park to view the primates. The activity begins at 8.00 am with a briefing of the rule for trekking the chimpanzees after which you set off to search for them in the forest. The exercise takes half a day and along the way, you will see other primates such as Grey cheeked Mangabeys, Phoestes, Red-Colobus, and the Blue-tailed and Red-tailed monkeys swinging in the braches of this thick forest.
Your guide will give you informative briefings on the lifestyles of the primates you will be coming across and on the plants as well as on the insects and butterflies in this forest to ensure that the trek is not only enjoyable but informative as well. You will return to the lodge for lunch after which you will explore the unique Bigodi swamp eco-tourism site where you will encounter uncommon plant and bird species such as the Great blue Turaco, little Bulbul, Rwenzori Turaco, and the Narina Trogon, among others.
- Luxury: Ndali Lodge/Primate Lodge/Kibale forest/Kyaninga Lodge
- Moderate: Mountains of the moon/Kibale Forest Camp
- Budget: Rwenzori travelers/Kibale Forest Camp/Chimpanzee Forest Guest House
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Nature walk and return to Kampala
You will have breakfast and leave for a morning nature walk in the forest to observe the uncommon unique animal species and return to the lodge for lunch before setting off on your return leg to Kampala.
This 4 Days Queen Elizabeth Park and Kibale Tour package includes;
- Transportation (type of car ) 4WD min van with pop-up roof for excellent safari view.
- Chimp permit.
- All fuel for the trip.
- Boat cruise
- Guide ranger fees.
- Accommodation and meals as per itinerary.
- All activities are described in the itinerary.
- The Park fee is according to the program.
- Meals are according to the program.
However, the package excludes: Personal Expenses like: tobacco, telephone, drinks, laundry, porter fee, personal insurance, Visa, and tips to guides
Check these packages too tailored to offer you the best chimp tracking experience;