If you are preparing for a Uganda Safari for your upcoming vacation with family or friends, then you should sincerely think about Uganda. As a safari, objective Uganda is an outstanding option for an excellent and adventure-packed expedition. Uganda is a striking kingdom of big ape’s which is located in eastern Africa. Although Uganda is surrounded by land, it has much more to offer to its tourists. Do you know, as per Uganda’s location within the tropics means it receives as much as 11 inches of rainfall in a single month during April, the height of the wet season? You must have to aware of these kinds of facts before heading towards the land of gorillas.
It is not so easy to drive towards Uganda having zero knowledge about it. So let’s get some idea while you are preparing for Your Uganda Safari
What Is The Best Time To Go For Gorilla Tracking?
- High Season: – pick your dates between June to September and between December to February as there is normally less rain and days are seems sunnier during these months. If you are searching for the best weather conditions for gorilla trekking then choose December because during the dry season all seem busy in safari here.
- Low season: – February and September are that duration when Uganda has fewer tourists in search of gorilla’s so the lodges are seemed like vacant as they are in December. If you are on purpose of getting more discount on your lodge and hotel prices then this is the perfect time to save your money.
What Are Those Things You Must Have To Concentrate Before Travelling For Gorilla Trekking?
Clothing For Safaris/Trekking
- 1 – 2 pairs of lightweight trousers/slacks – that can dry quickly if wearing on treks
- 1 Pair of shorts
- 1 – 2 sweat proof long sleeved shirts
- Casual clothes for evenings
- 1 – 2 pairs of lightweight trousers/slacks
- 1 – 3 sports / long sleeved shirts and/or Tops
- 1 dress/skirt for ladies
- Towel – you can get it easily at your hotel room, but it’s necessary to take towels during your trek. Pack the lightweight, small size towel rather than large as it dries quickly.
- Sunscreen and moisturizing cream
- Sunglasses with neck strap
- Spare / extra batteries
- Camera with extra lenses
- Extra Camera charger/converter
- plus cigarette lighter adapter is useful
- Personal toiletries / Wet-wipes / tissues
- Prescription medicines
- Backup glasses especially if you wear contact lenses
- plastic bag (if needed)/ dry bags and other plastic bags for keeping valuables dry or storing wet clothes
- Torch/flashlight – LED models are lightweight and have a good battery life
- First Aid Kit (anti-diarrhea medicine, rehydration sachets, aspirin, cold medication, antiseptic cream, band-aids (plasters), motion sickness pills, lip balm, eye drops and personal medication)
- Photocopies of your passport, visas, credit cards and airline tickets ( bring 2 set of copies to prevent misplace)
How Much Duration It Takes For The Gorilla Treks?
- It takes almost 8 to 9 hour to travel for the gorilla sight. Start your trip soon and find the exact location of bushes where the big apes seem you as swinging in the node of bamboo trees.
- You can also get the gorilla family as busy in their regular activities between the bushes of rain forests.
What Kind Or Rules You Must Have To Obey During Your Photography?
- Firstly, don’t get hurry to capture a single click just watch in awe. There is no more sight, which brings the exact flavour of watching the first Mountain Gorilla in Africa.
- Don’t come in front of them to take a single click just go to the boundary of the group where you have some flexibility and space to take a position for a click.
- Use a Telephoto Lens this will take you the closer position of gorillas through your camera and you will be able to catch the actual facial expressions this way.
- Camera Settings are more important. You must have to assure that your flash is off before arriving in front of the big apes.
- Keep patience and have a look around you otherwise other gorillas may attack you as finding you in an unpractical mode.
- Use your zoom lenses and enjoy the photography.
Remember!! The Basic Facts You Need To Keep In Mind
- Take a help of any local tour operator who can conduct you about your safari, assure about that what you are going to pay them, what about their packages and what to do in the event and major fact keep in mind the cancellation policy.
- Prepare your travel insurance, which will cover up you while you are in Uganda. Also, confirm that your medical insurance which will take care of you in the event if you are an accident or fall ill for the duration of your safari.
- Immunizations are important to make sure that you are well prepared for the required vaccinations and health certificates.
Before flying to Uganda, you must have to aware of these above facts. So take a look at your Uganda Safari Package to bring appropriate gear for capturing the wonderful sight of the gorilla as well as chimpanzees.
You can contact us @ email@example.com and Book Now your date before we get the rush. You can also follow our more articles regarding gorilla trekking by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.